Thursday, February 26, 2015

Meal Planning- Yes, you have time!

I've had several people ask me how I plan meals for the week.  I thought I'd give an inside peek on how I do this.  Each week, I make a breakfast, two main meals, a meat and sides.  Here's how!

On Saturday night or Sunday during the day, I usually crock pot a pork roast or 3 lbs of chix breast on low in a crock pot for 6-8 hours with 2 T of the seasoning of your choice.  When this is finished, I hen put in container and shred with a fork!  This is ready and it works for salads, sandwiches, tacos, pizza,or quesadillas. Quick no fuss!! Under 10 minute meals!  All you need is a salad on the side or some veggies.

Sunday, I usually wake up and make a frittata or breakfast muffins for breakfast in a cast iron skillet. 8 eggs, 1/3 c milk, salt, pepper, and then pick a meat, two veggies and a different cheese every week. That is usually enough for breakfast through Wednesday for both of us, or just for me if the Hubby is just doing shakes.  When it runs out, we do a shake or yogurt with granola and fruit or scrambled egg with veggie and cheese. (Which you can make on Sunday). 

Next, I usually pick one vegetarian dish and one meat dish and then a couple of veggie or pasta/rice sides.  This week was potato soup and pork barley soup.  The sides I made were macaroni and cheese, twice baked potatoes and asparagus and risotto cakes as sides.  I always pick something from one of my cookbooks, magazine articles, or Pinterest!  I've also recently learned how to make my own bread and croutons!  I'll save that for another post!

It is all super easy and we have meals and plenty of variety.  We also stock up on yogurt, string cheese, almonds, granola, apples, and bananas for sides for lunches!

This helps with variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hawaii Day 10- 1/30

Getting ready to head out of Hawaii and hubs helping with my hair :)  This is sooo beautiful! Cheese :) Laid back! Br...