Saturday, February 28, 2015

making homemade bread

I read about making bread on a frugal sub reddit on reddit.com

So I tried it, with this recipe:

I was especially excited for a no knead recipe.  I just needed a Dutch oven!  No proble, I ran to my local store and had one and prepped the dough.





was seriously excited... The bread turned out good, but thinner than I imagined, so I did my research!

I ended up finding another recipe, really similar, but better reviews.


I used 3 c white and 3 c wheat for this one!



This time it turned out great and what I expected!

I now had to get a new Dutch Oven, a ceramic one!  I wanted to see if the results were any better or if I could just have a reserve ;)

So I did and the results were also great!!


Now it's time try experiment with seasonings and cheese :)

I'm trying Rosemary this weekend!  Can't wait to see how it turns out! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hawaii Day 10- 1/30

Getting ready to head out of Hawaii and hubs helping with my hair :)  This is sooo beautiful! Cheese :) Laid back! Br...